Student Information Policy
ACG Global College is committed to providing quality training and assessment in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015. As such, ACG Global College is required to make available accurate and accessible information about the RTO, its services and performance to prospective and current students.
ACG Global College is committed to ensuring that current and prospective students are provided with all relevant training and assessment information, training and assessment products and its services, so that they may make informed decisions about undertaking training and assessment.
ACG Global College provides clear information regarding:
- Courses offered; including services, course content and vocational outcomes, as per ACG Global College scope of registration;
- Fees and charges, including payment terms, refund policy and exemptions (where applicable);
- Provision for language, literacy and numeracy assistance;
- Student support;
- Flexible learning and assessment options;
- Appeals and complaints processes;
- Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer arrangements;
- Arrangements with third parties;
- Funding and subsidy arrangements (as applicable);
- Industry licences or regulated outcomes (relevant to course offerings);
- Certification; and
- Course resource requirements (additional or supplied).
3.1 The following words and expressions have the following specific meaning, as in Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
Educational and support services may include, but are not limited to:
- pre-enrolment materials;
- study support and study skills programs;
- language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) programs or referrals to these programs;
- equipment, resources and/or programs to increase access for students with disabilities and other students in accordance with access and equity;
- learning resource centres;
- mediation services or referrals to these services;
- flexible scheduling and delivery of training and assessment;
- counseling services or referrals to these services;
- information and communications technology (ICT) support;
- learning materials in alternative formats, for example, in large print;
- learning and assessment programs contextualised to the workplace; and
- any other services that the RTO considers necessary to support students to achieve competency.
Mode of delivery means the method adopted to deliver training and assessment, including online, distance, or blended methods.
Scope of registration means the training products for which an RTO is registered to issue AQF certification documentation. It allows the RTO to:
- both provide training delivery and assessment resulting in the issuance of AQF certification documentation by the RTO; or
- provide assessment resulting in the issuance of AQF certification documentation by the RTO.
4. Policy Principles
4.1 Underpinning Principles
- ACG Global College provides accurate, relevant and up-to-date information to students and prospective students, prior to enrolment or commencement of training and assessment, regarding their training and assessment options so that they may make informed choices regarding their learning needs.
- ACG Global College maintains an up-to-date website, with access to student information either on the site or through request through the contact form.
- Course flyers have been developed for each training program and are available to all current and prospective students.
- All information provided to current and prospective students:
- Accurately represent the services being provided and training products on ACG Global College scope of registration;
- Makes reference to another person or organisation only if that person or organisation has given consent(if applicable);
- Includes the NRT logo only in accordance with the conditions of use specified in Schedule 4 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Makes clear where a third party is recruiting prospective Students on ACG Global Colleges behalf;
- Distinguishes where ACG Global College is delivering training and assessment on behalf of another RTO or where training and assessment is being delivered on its behalf by a third-party provider;
- Distinguishes between nationally recognised training and assessment leading to the issuance of AQF certification from any other non-accredited training or assessment;
- Only advertises non-current training products while they remain on the ACG Global College scope of registration;
- Only markets or advertises licensed or regulated outcome where this has been confirmed by the industry regulator in the jurisdiction in which it is being advertised;
- Does NOT guarantee that:
- A student will successfully complete a training product;
- A training product can be completed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of the delivery and assessment strategy and training package;
- A student will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of ACG Global College.
- Information may be provided to current and prospective students in (but not limited to):
- ACG Global College website
- Policies and Procedures
- Course flyers
- Student handbook
- Course confirmation or progress letters/emails
- Training & Assessment resources
- Where there are any changes to agreed services, ACG Global College will advise students as soon as practicable (including any changes in relation to a new third-party arrangement, a change in ownership or changes to existing third party arrangements). (See Marketing Policy)
4.2 Student information includes:
- Information provided to students and prospective students will include, but is not limited to:
- RTO code;
- Course outcomes and pathways;
- Full code, title and currency of training product, as published in the national register;
- Estimated duration of the course;
- Expected course location;
- Training and assessment arrangement, including modes of delivery available;
- Enrolment and selection processes;
- Name and contact details for third party providers;
- Work placement arrangements (if relevant);
- ACG Global College obligations to the student, including quality assurance;
- Fees and charges, including deposits, payment options and obligations (specifically if under government subsidy and financial support arrangements);
- Refund policy and processes;
- Provision for language, literacy and numeracy assistance and support;
- Educational and support services;
- Legislative and occupational licensing requirements (as relevant);
- Flexible learning and assessment options;
- Appeals and complaints procedures;
- Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer;
- Student responsibilities and expected standards of behaviour;
- Third party provider obligations and assurances;
- Materials and resources to be provided by the student.
- ACG Global College Responsibilities
The CEO is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy.
Legislation applicable to this policy includes (See Legislation Compliance Policy):
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010
- Fair Trading Legislation and Regulations
- Consumer Protection
- Access & Equity
The ACG Global College Access & Equity Policy applies. (See Access & Equity Policy)
- Records Management
All documentation regarding the provision of student information are maintained in accordance with Records Management Policy. (See Records Management Policy)
- Monitoring and Improvement
All provision of student information practices is monitored by the CEO and areas for improvement identified and acted upon. (See Continuous Improvement Policy)